Matthew 6:24 (NLT): "No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
I put in all my effort in both commitment. It is emotionally draining and physically tiring at the same time. I felt that I have two lives except I'm living them at the same time.
A lot of times I wish I can focus on raising my own salary and finish my goal then leave for ministry right away. I am not exactly wishing my life away but I definitely am dreading for the next day.
I truly enjoy working at the psychiatric hospital. The hope that I am making a little change in someone else's life motivates me to continue working. However, I wish I do not have to work in such environment.
I am excited to raise my own salary as that means I am one step closer to campus ministry. Yet, I was so afraid that I am not going to make it in time with my current condition. I am very far behind from my goal and also very slow on the schedule of support raising.
Right now I am giving all I have on both commitments. I need encouragement and prayers to keep going. I need hope and reassurance that I will successfully transition into international students ministry.
I also know that I am not serving two masters. It is an illusion. I am not straying away from my calling because my job is not to spread the gospel. I am still living my life after Christ. Therefore, I am serving the same master.
To those who are working in fields outside of vocational ministry, my prayers are with you. It is definitely challenging to live Christ-like at environment that is opposite of it.
If you are reading this, please share some encouragement and prayer requests!
Side note: If I know you personally, expect to hear from me. I will be contacting you to speak about my ministry and inviting you to be my ministry partner! It takes ministry partners to commit financially and through prayers for ministry to be successful. Please be in prayer about how you should be giving to God's kingdom based on what He's provided for you.
Or simply go to https://give.cru.org/0742838. Thank you for your prayers and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment